IT-Enabled Services Policy-Single Customer (SITES)
Export Credit Insurance for Exporter
IT-enabled Services (Single Customer) Policy would be given in respect of contracts for rendering service during a defined period with billing on the basis of service rendered during a period say, a week, a month or a quarter. One policy for one buyer shall be issued.
Period of Policy: 12 Months
- Commercial Risk / Buyer Risk
- Political Risk
- L/C Opening Bank Risk
Percentage of Cover: 80%
Distinct Characteristics OF ITES Contracts:
- Contract is for providing certain service during a defined period.
- Billing for the service rendered at a pre-determined interval.
- Where there is a non-payment problem, there can be certain services invoiced and accepted, certain services invoiced but not accepted and certain services rendered but yet to be invoiced.
- No requirement of physical documentation as the process is carried out through electronic media.
- Provision for correction in case of errors and omissions.
- Filing of claim within 360 days from the due date of the export bill or 600 days from expiry date of the Policy Cover whichever is earlier.
- The policy will be offered for contracts, which contain standard terms and conditions as per the norms and practices of the IT-enabled Services export industry.
- Right to verify documents by the Corporation or by an authorized agency.
Important Obligations of the Exporter:
- Processing fee of Rs.2000/- (non-refundable) is payable.
- Upfront premium payment in full on the Loss Limit.
- Monthly declaration indicating the services rendered, invoices raised and invoices paid to be submitted by the exporter by 15th of the subsequent month.
- No separate overdue report.
- Filing of claim within 360 days from the due date of the export bill or 540 days from expiry date of the Policy Cover whichever is earlier.
- Initiating recovery steps including legal action.
- Sharing of recovery.
- Protection is available upto the Loss Limit approved on the buyer under the Policy.
- Premium is payable only on the Loss Limit approved on the buyer, irrespective of the shipments effected to the buyer.
- Separate Policy per buyer.
- No Claim Bonus (NCB) of 5% subject to no claim, upto a maximum of 50%.
To download the proposal form for ITES (Single Buyer) Policy, Click here.
Click here to view product bond.
Click here for Do and Don’ts